The HealthFit Coaching Mission
Increase your happiness by improving your health.
The HealthFit Coaching process improves health by making it easy to make healthy choices. Your coaching program may help you do any or all of the following:
- Live a more active lifestyle/exercise: Getting you moving safely, effectively, enjoyably.
- Make healthy food choices: No diets. Healthy food can be easy, delicious, and intuitive.
- Sleep well: Wake up well-rested and feeling great.
- Lose the stress: Keeping you calm in the chaos of life.
- Enjoy life more: Healthier often means happier, and we all deserve them both!
The content of your coaching program – what and how you choose to use the information and advice we provide – will be determined by you and your coach. This maximizes healthy choices that are right for you. Where needed, we’ll work side by side with your medical team to help you manage chronic diseases or conditions, rehab bad backs and bad knees, or if you’re already in good health, to stay that way!
What makes HealthFit Coaching different?
You won’t be handed an exercise program or meal plan and told to follow the directions. We truly believe that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach that works. That’s why we go with that “all about you” approach instead:
We take the time to listen to your story, get to know you, support you while you explore what kind of healthy choices work best for you, and help you master the areas that you feel make the most different to your health, fitness, and happiness. Your coach will act as an advisor, helping you prioritize your goals, plan your progress, and stick with the choices you really prefer to make, even on the days when pizza and Netflix seem like the most appealing options.
What happens if the plan doesn’t work? We keep tweaking it until it does. There are many roads to Rome – let us help you find one that lets you enjoy the journey.
About HealthFit Coaching
HealthFit Coaching was created to relieve the frustration caused by the conflicting messages and information-overload put out by health, fitness, and wellness media and personalities. The information you will find on these pages is based on scientific evidence, or at the very least, strong, well-accepted anecdotal data (basically, the things we understand to be true, but aren’t sure why or haven’t been well studied). We want you to be confident that your heathy choices will truly be good for you!
The HealthFit Coaching goals are to:
- Remove the confusion surrounding health and fitness information. There is so much conflicting information out there. HealthFit Coaching provides expert opinions on the good, the bad, and the ugly, keeping you from information overload and providing you with a clear understanding of what is actually healthy.
- Provide simple, understandable, and easy to apply health and fitness advice that fits into your lifestyle. The “best” choices aren’t so great if you hate them. Fortunately, there are many ways to improve and keep good health. We’ll give you options.
- Take the guilt out of having an off day. At HealthFit Coaching, we understand that life happens and sometimes you skip your workout or eat an extra piece of cake. We are cool with that and want you to be, too. Lower stress levels correlate strongly with better health, so a major part of our coaching process is to support you whether you’re making progress in leaps and bounds, or hanging back and treading water (we’ll get you going again, too).
- Be your trusted source for health and fitness information. We like science, and like understanding why and how the choices we make impact our bodies. By providing evidence-based information, you can be confident that what you read here has a basis in fact. Less worry = more happy. That’s what we’re all about.
Learn more about the HealthFit approach, or see our Coaching Options.
About Erin Haske
I founded HealthFit Coaching to help you figure out how “healthy” works with your lifestyle.
The vast majority of my clients want to feel better, get healthy, and maybe lose a little weight. And they have been wanting to do this for years. Most haven’t succeeded – yet – because they aren’t sure who to listen to or where to start. The information available on the internet, in the news, or in magazines is either too general, or WAY too specific or advanced. Don’t get lost in information overload. I can help you get healthy and feel great, safely and in a way that fits your lifestyle.
I can offer this expertise because I’ve been doing this for almost ten years. And I can do it well because I’m human, and have the same struggles that you do. Really. I wasn’t an athletic kid growing up, so starting to exercise was challenging for me. I’m a cancer survivor, so I truly understand how our bodies sometimes fight against us, mentally and physically. I loooooove to eat. I know all about the lure of the potato chips. And I know how to help you figure out when to indulge, and when to stay strong, because I walk that path myself.
Beyond being a health coach and an exercise physiologist, I’m most importantly a problem solver. I get SO EXCITED watching my clients succeed in figuring out how to make healthy habits work for them. I love watching my people stay active through appropriate exercise, lose weight through healthy and enjoyable eating habits, and just plain feel great with an effortlessly healthy lifestyle. I make sure to set you up for success by collaborating with you to create a plan that both fits your lifestyle and meets your goals. Aren’t you ready to start feeling better?